Wealthy Affiliate Platform – August 2019 Review
Truth be told, I used to complain about money, a lot, especially the lack of it. I used to felt pressured by those who have acquired wealth in no time. And are doing a lot of great things.
I had dreams and aspirations that I wanted to achieve, but the lack of money wouldn’t allow me to, at least until the day I joined Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate is the “go-to” platform for internet entrepreneurs. Whether you are just getting started and know nothing about affiliate marketing. Maybe you have some experience. Or are already thriving as a successful affiliate marketer.
This platform was created to help people like you and me succeed online. A combination of website hosting, training, and software – all in one package. A real one-stop-shop destination for anyone looking to get into affiliate marketing.
Before we begin, let me just say, that yes I am a premium member. And while there are my affiliate links present in this review. This is not written with the intent to be promoting wealthy affiliate or a call to action, for you to sign up through my affiliate so I could earn money.
Many other wealthy affiliate members, so-called online marketers. Only write this kind of review to get you to sign up through their links. Without even thinking of what it was like for them when they were looking for info on this program.
This is aimed to be an informative review, by a real member, and if you read all of it, I am sure the decision to join or not will be a no-brainer for you.
When was Wealthy Affiliate founded and who owns it?
Wealthy Affiliate was founded on September 10th, 2005 and is owned by Kyle Loudoun & Carson Lim.
Kyle and Carson are extremely passionate about making it a superior platform each and every day for anybody to have a chance to discover success on the web.
- In July 2009 – Premium membership was launched.
- In October 2012 – Free starter membership was launched.
Similarly, as the online business, you will create. If you join the wealthy affiliate. It will be an impression of your passion and character.
And so it is with Kyle and Carson whose work mirrors the high standards of business.
And the personal connection we can feel good about.
Wealthy Affiliate is from different points of view development of their character. What’s more, their own personal inclusion in it, and with us (as a member), truly demonstrates where their hearts are.
It isn’t unusual to discover them speaking in the live chat. Helping out in discovering the different strategies. Or reporting the most recent developments to the platform.
On the off chance that you’ve recently touched base there. Or have chosen out free starter membership, don’t disregard to read their profiles and their posts.
Is The Wealthy Affiliate A Scam?
Yes, I know that is the question that quickly pops into your mind. It popped into mine as well and before I got into it, I made my research. My friend is someone I trust, but still, I asked questions, had to know more. Let me be the friend now telling you why the wealthy affiliate platform is not a scam.
By enrolling in the program. Wealthy affiliate platform teaches you how to make money online through affiliate marketing. With step by step courses and guides, training at different levels and Affiliate Bootcamp.
Wealthy Affiliate is legit make money online affiliate school for everyone. You have to be willing to put in the hours, and effort needed to succeed.
However, if you think you can make money fast or overnight, the answer is no, I will explain later but there is one big downside when it comes to wealthy affiliate training.
And here is the catch, if you do put in the effort and the time needed, if you go through all the available content, your success and money are guaranteed.
It’s not a scam it is the best way to get introduced into the world of affiliate marketing.
Is a wealthy affiliate platform really free? Yes, you can become a member for free.
All you need is just an internet connection and your email to join. Right away you can start learning and building your website.
So what does wealthy affiliate free training include?
- Live chat for 7 days – the community is very active. With the option of live chat available – all your questions are answered within minutes
- 2 free websites – includes 2 free websites with domain and hosting. But I recommend if you are serious about building your website and later scaling it to an online business. That could make you more money than your j.o.b. Own your domain name and pay about 15 bucks for it, it´s worth it in the long run.
- Website backup – if something goes wrong you have a backup to instantly get back online. This is all automatic so you don´t need to worry about that.
- Beginner training course – 10 lessons – this is your backbone. The fundamentals that make your website stand. For the other 60 lessons, you will need a premium membership.
- Personal affiliate blog – referring to your blog within the platform. Members are posting their experience and what works and what doesn’t.
- Affiliate Bootcamp training ( phase 1/7 phases) – a series of 10 courses. Teaches you the process of creating and establishing a business online. In a niche related to the promotion of the Wealthy Affiliate platform. For the remaining 60 courses, you will need a premium membership.
- Video walkthroughs – Every lesson, course, training also have a video walkthrough available.
- 30 keyword searches – using the Jaxxy keyword tool you can search for 30 keywords. To get information like:
- monthly average searches
- and potential daily clicks.
It also shows you how many other websites are ranking for the keyword you searched for. And an SEO score of the difficulty to rank. A very useful and accurate tool, however for unlimited searching and research you will need a premium membership.
- 2 training classrooms – training classrooms include video training(242 videos), courses (61 courses), tutorials (345 tutorials) and webinars (69 webinars) at the time of writing, it is constantly updated.
- All the affiliate connections you will need – WA offers affiliate programs in any niche. You will get the perfect affiliate connections and links to promote on your website.
- 1 on 1 coaching (if you sign up through my affiliate link) – I will personally contact you after you join and will guide you in your beginnings or with any questions you might have.
Do I get instant cash in return on Wealthy Affiliate?
Now, here is the mistake we all make, hoping to get into the affiliate marketing. And cash out thousands of dollars tomorrow. Accept that It takes a while just like every other business or investment.
The wealth in wealthy affiliate doesn’t come in one night, neither is it instant. It works on all of the groundwork that you have done before. Relying on all of the training and the things that you put into place.
It will take you at least 3 to 6 months, maybe 12 months, even 18 months to start making any decent profits, and of course that means that you have been adding content daily and have been regularly updating the website.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make money in 2019, but you have to do it right.
Is Wealthy Affiliate Complex?
For someone who started only a few months ago. I can tell you that making your money via the wealthy affiliate platform is not complex. I could tell you it’s effortless. But I won’t, because I don’t want you to confuse it with all those get rich quick skim where you get in headlong for the profit, with no structure.
So I signed up and made a free account. With it, I was able to understand the basics but was not able to make money from it. If you are an absolute beginner like me, you will have to upgrade to premium, which costs 19 bucks for the first month if you go through my affiliate link.
And 50 bucks each next month of your membership. Or you can buy yearly and save up like 200 hundred bucks, but here is that catch.
Premium yearly is perfect if you are ready to make a commitment and invest lots of time in it.
Does that mean rigorous training is involved before you can become rich?
No, you can proceed at your own pace. While there is a lot of content available and it can be overwhelming at first. Know you have the time and ability to do whatever you want in life and afford whatever you want or finally buy that dream car you always wanted or whatever your dream is, first understand the simple structure of how things run. In no time, you could be acquiring your wealth too as a rich super affiliate.
How much is wealthy affiliate premium membership?
In terms of value and money. Monthly premium membership will cost you $49 per month while a yearly premium membership is $359.
Value is there. ROI (Return On Investment) can be great if you understand you are building for your future. Know it may take you a full year before you could start thinking about leaving your job and start living off a passive income.
So, what does Wealthy Affiliate Premium Membership include?
- Easy step-by-step training for the beginner
- Access to all 50 Online Entrepreneur Courses
- Access to all 70 Affiliate Bootcamp Courses
- Weekly LIVE classes on various topics to enhance your success
- Ability to create your own training tutorials (After 3 Months) and be paid for it
- Your own affiliate blog, like this one, that gets quick indexing into Google
- Free access to the powerful Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool
- Build all of your websites within 1 minute without programming them yourself
- Ability to build and host 25 WordPress websites on your own domain for no extra cost
- Ability to build and host 25 WordPress websites on the Free SiteRubix subdomain
- Access to over 3,000 WordPress website themes and 50,000 add on plugins
- Free SSL Certificates for better encryption on websites with your own domain
- Ability to purchase domain names from within the WA platform
- 24 hours, 365 days per year direct access to Technical Support
- Help and support from close to a million WA world-wide community members
- SiteProtect to give full protection against comment spam without the use of a plugin
- Virus and malware protection for safer websites
- SiteSpeed which increases the loading speed of all your website pages and posts
- Easily learn about SEO techniques
- Learn the importance of Social Media Marketing
- SiteContent – makes content creation easier
- Grammar, spelling and plagiarism checkers within SiteContent
- Access to 1,000,000+ free to use images from Pexels, Pixabay, and Unsplash
- Earn 100% more than free starter members in the free WA Affiliate Program
But wa offers so much more with the super active community. I mean, if I have a problem and write to site support or join in the live chat with a question about whatever but related to WA, I literally get an answer within minutes! So that is a BIG plus for on-site support, in my opinion.
How does Wealthy Affiliate pay you?
The first thing you must know is that you can get paid by Wealthy Affiliate as a
Commissions for the premium members are double of what a free starter member will receive.
Payments of commissions earned by referring others to Wealthy Affiliate are paid out on the 1st of every month via Paypal.
The full commission structure, for both starter and premium members, is available inside the platform – alongside a cool earnings calculator!
Now, before you can get paid out.
The first thing you want to do is integrate a PayPal email address into your Wealthy Affiliate account, as this is the medium through which the Wealthy Affiliate platform pays its affiliates.
When inside the platform simply locate the “WA Affiliate Program” to the bottom left of your screen and then head to the “My Stats” page and click on it, scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see “Payment Settings”.
Now, enter your PayPal email address.
Choose your minimum payout threshold.
Once you have selected your desired payout, click on the “Save My Payment Details”.
You are now ready to get paid, but only if the minimum payout threshold has been reached.
How to make money with Wealthy Affiliate?
There are basically two ways you can make money with the Wealthy Affiliate.
- Follow the courses and training to the letter and build your niche affiliate site with products, generate traffic to it with organic search, social media or paid ads and make your affiliate commissions.
- You can make money by promoting the Wealthy Affiliate program itself. Earn a commission for referrals.
Is Wealthy Affiliate dropshipping?
Yes, you can set up a dropshipping website as well. There is also a course The Art of Dropshipping available. You can learn all about:
- Introduction to Dropshipping
- The Price Discount Breakdown
- Set-up a Drop Shipping Campaign
- Where to Source Dropshipping Suppliers?
- How to Determine If a Dropshipper is Reliable?
What do I love the most about Wealthy Affiliate?
Usually, I’m not one to tell stories about things. But I can’t avoid telling the story of my journey in Wealthy Affiliate. I see a lot of people struggling and toiling a whole lot to get rich. When easily anyone can join Wealthy Affiliate.
The fact that it operates with a structure set to make one rich. And that the structure isn’t complex is a very good point when learning internet marketing.
You could join programs that ask you to sit for a long while, doing things online you undoubtedly won’t do. But with Wealthy Affiliate, you are in safe hands. Growing your wealth and becoming rich steadily.
When I started I knew there was the fear of losing in the middle but today. I’m in, purchasing the things I want and enjoying life.
What is probably the best thing about Wealthy Affiliate is if I need any kind of information on whatever is bugging me I can simply search and see if the information is already available, and 99 out of 100 times it is.
I can also join in on the always active live chat (premium). Or just post my questions and wait for an answer that usually arrives within minutes.
For any technical issues. Wealthy affiliate support is 24/7. Surprisingly the answer/solution again arrives within minutes.
The community really is super helpful and will give you feedback if you ask.
Hosting is definitely a big bonus as is it is taken care of with a membership. It is also much cheaper than if you get your own hosting.
Another thing is I like to read a lot and with everyone having a blog. Members post their actions and struggles. Wisdom and share knowledge and understanding every day.
It is another resource of sorts, there is no promotion in this blog posts just informative reads that could even possibly spur ideas on ways to improve your website or creating content.
Most people when first starting an affiliate marketing business only think about “how fast can I make some money?”
I’ll tell you right now, you will be very disappointed. Because the simple fact of the matter is:
if you don’t take the time and put in the effort to set up your website properly. You will be setting yourself up for failure!
Money – it’s not going to happen – and you´ll have wasted time. Be sure to not make these mistakes when starting out. And the first question you should ask yourself:
1. Have I written enough information for the buyer?
You must give value to your reader/visitor, even a potential buyer and explain why they need your product or service. If you do not do this, you will not make a sale on what you have to offer. The whole purpose as an Affiliate Marketer is to make a sale. But don´t focus on the sale, focus on how you can help.
2. Not having enough patience
Your mission for the first three months is just uploading lots of valuable content and learning about your niche better. It also helps to be active within the wealthy affiliate community, niche related forums and Q&A sites like Quora. That way you will not only understand your niche better but also get visible online, connect and drive people to your website while you wait for more organic traffic from google search engine.
Don´t get frustrated if after 2-3 months your sites aren’t ranking well.
Or you´re not getting any traffic to your sites.
That is the exact reason why having descriptive and valuable content is so very important!
3. Only writing review articles
During your training at a wealthy affiliate academy. Notice a lot of tasks are writing reviews. Don´t.
Don´t just write review articles.
While writing review articles is fine. Especially if you think you might be able to rank on the first page with a very low competition keyword. Go for it. But it is a waste of time focusing only on review articles.
4. Having major unrealistic expectations
Affiliate marketing is just like any other business and to be successful you will need to commit to learning as much as you can while also putting in the work.
That means creating content on a daily basis, daily updates to social media, and proper SEO.
You can´t expect to be making $10,000 after 2-3 months if you are a complete beginner.
Once you have understood that. And your mindset is focused on providing value. The money will come too.
Can you put in all this effort for a long time consistently?
You just might be able to retire from 9 to 5 j.o.b. It could take a year or two.
There are also things like backlinks that Wealthy Affiliate doesn’t talk about. Which is also very important for getting higher rankings and authority on google. Another thing you won´t get is courses on creating a Youtube channel.
5. Creating content just for content sake
While it´s true that Google loves seeing content, but you have to know. Creating content just for the sake of creating content is not smart.
Before creating any kind of content, be clear with yourself about what do you want to accomplish with this.
Each article should give as much value as possible. Focusing on that will get your visitors to click through your link sooner than later, and you will make a commission.
6. Not doing good enough research
Research is super important. Better take more time to learn more about what you´re writing than publishing without not knowing enough about the topic and discouraging your readers from staying on your site.
Use Jaxxy Keyword Search Tool within the platform. Another absolutely great tool
- when it comes to researching longtail keywords
- or just coming up with ideas is Answer The Public website.
If you decide to take a break from the wealthy affiliate community and want to come back after some time, you can cancel your account by clicking on the profile image at the top left and choose “Account Settings”.
Scroll down and under subscription, settings click on the membership button. Proceed to choose the “Stop Billing & Cancel Membership” button. This will deactivate the account. It will keep the information safe for activation in the future.
After that, you have 30 days to transfer your domains to another hosting. And it is the same for the free and premium members.
Also if you cancel your membership and you don’t transfer your sites within 30 days they will be disabled.
However, if you do come back after this point they can still restore your sites.
Real Profits Online Reviews
Wealthy Affiliate reviews from other members:
Wealthy Affiliate alternatives
I decided to write a separate article on this topic. Go here to read about Wealthy Affiliate alternatives. It will be available soon.